We’re social. Follow us!January 14, 2020
Super Bowl Fan Favorite — Food MapFebruary 1, 2020
Today is a special day, folks. Anyone out there a fan of the game, 20 questions? It’s the best way to get to know someone really quickly and what better way to get to know the man behind all of our food (especially those crab cakes) than to ask Chef Mike 20 questions. Ever wondered why a chef becomes a chef? Or what their last meal on this earth would be? No, us either but we thought it would be super fun to play with Chef Mike so here it goes…
- Where did you learn to cook? Growing up with an Italian family gave me a solid start. Food was always a thing.
- What made you decide to be a chef for a living? I have loved doing this since day one! Every day is different and exciting. I get to host a great party every night!
- Who inspires you? As corny as it sounds, the customers. When I look out and see people enjoying my food, I want to give them the best I have each and every day.
- What is one food you cannot resist? Great pizza — I could eat pizza every day! Anyone else with me?
- What is your greatest fear? Running out of time.
- What is your least favorite food? Brussel sprouts.
- What’s your favorite dish at cook up at Tom Fooleries? I LOVE new specials — hence why they change each week. When we come up with a dish that just F*****g incredible that is what it is all about. Something on the everyday menu that I love to cook would be my brisket and crab cakes — they make me happy.
- Living or dead, If you could meet anyone who would you ask to join you for a meal? Frank Sinatra.
- What will your last meal consist of (be as specific as you’d like)? Baked rigatoni with ground sausage.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Keep it quiet.
- Favorite movie? Pulp Fiction.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Fly.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Listen to music — loud, very loud!!
- If you could get reservations at any restaurant (in the world), where would it be? Porteno in Sydney, Australia.
- Let’s say Hollywood is making a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you? Seth Rogen.
- What is left on your bucket list? Sturgis.
- Top three life highlights, thus far?
- People would be surprised if they knew this one thing about you: I am a mason by trade.
- What is your favorite thing about working at Tom Foolery? The celebrations I have been part of to make us the best we can be.
- You’re happiest when? Summertime!!